If you decide to have a Christmas tree fundraiser, please contact McFarlane’s no later than 10 days before your event. Send a letter of intent on your association's letterhead to:
|Date(s) and Times at Site||Location||Organization Name||Suggested Donation|
|Saturday January 2nd 10a – 2p||17789 Webster Rd, Gladstone 97027||Gladstone High School||$5.00|
|January 4th, 5th, 11th & 12th||Picking Up Trees Around the Neighborhood||Boy/Girl Scouts Troop 15||Make a Donation|
|January 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th||Shopping Center on the corner of SW 45th & SW Vermont, Portland OR 97219||Portland Bentham Lions Club||$9.00|
|Starting December 27th||Savage Memorial Presbyterian Church||David Douglas Dads Club||$5.00|
|Starting January 1st||Collecting around the neighborhood of Parkrose||Boy Scouts Troop 606||Make a Donation|
|SAT. JAN 2ND, 2021||THOMAS JEFFERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL||3000 NW 119TH ST||VANCOUVER WA 98685|
- Sstrong@mcfarlanesbark.com OR 13345 SE Johnson Road, Milwaukie, OR 97222 OR Fax to: 503-659-0237
- Phone Number
- A letter of request on your association letterhead
- Organization Name
- Tax ID Number
- The event date(s) you will be bringing in the Christmas trees (this could be more than one day). Recycling can be performed on any day, Monday – Saturday through January.
- How many “passes” you will need. An approximate number is fine. This would be the number of trips each vehicle might make to our site. Each vehicle must have a “pass” in order to dump the trees for free. One pass per each trip into the recycling yard. Example: One vehicle may need 3 passes per day.
- This event can be held in Oregon or Washington
Your association will charge a fee. A fee of $3 to $10 is not extravagant. And you keep all of those donations. Your event could take place at your association's facility or church parking lot with your members, parishioners and neighborhood bringing their trees to you. Then you load those trees onto volunteer pick up trucks and bring them to McFarlane’s. Or, you could even offer a prescheduled pick up service, especially for persons whom may not have a way to drop their tree off to you.
The reason McFarlane’s is aggressively pursuing this market is because there is a serious need for Wood Waste Hog Fuel at the paper mills. The trees will be ground up and hauled by large semi trucks to mills such as the paper mill in Camas Washington. Ground up Christmas trees are an excellent source of electricity at a paper mill.
We thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon! If you have questions please feel free to contact us.